Saturday 24 October 2015

Elf Brightening Eye Colour Quad Review

Hey Guys,

This evenings post is a review on Elf's Brightening Eye Colour Quads, which I own three of. I will be mentioning them all individually and each colour from left to right, and reviewing the packaging, price etc, at the end. If you haven't all ready, you should go follow my twitter, blog_beautybits and this blog. If you have any makeup suggestions that you think I should review next time, let me know in the comments and I will be happy to make it happen!

The first palate is called Brownstone, number 2012. It has a light cream colour that is matte, a medium chocolate brown that is also matte, a darker brown with a hint of shimmer and a deep black brown with some more shimmer. These colours are not all totally pigmented, but with the potential to be builded up and create a high quality finish. These colours are a perfect match together, to make a everyday look that can be easily transformed into a evening look with the darkest colours.


The second palate is called Nouveau Neutrals, number 2004 which is the most colourful quad out of them all. The colours include a light shimmery mermaid green, a dark shimmery green, a light pinkie colour and a orange/brown shimmery colour. These colours are again, not highly pigmented but are very buildable, but I would only ever use the last two colours as they are more natural compared to the greens that I usually stick away from.

 
The final palate I own is called Butternut, number 2001. All the colours in this quad are shimmery and the colours are a similar light brown to Brownstone, a darker pinkie colour to the Nouveau Neutrals quad, but is still light, a richer chocolate brown then the first palate and a basic brown. As every other quad, the colours need to be builded to create a high quality finish, but the potential is there.
 
Now, onto general information about the quads. The price of these on the Australian Elf website is $1.50, but you can get them at Kmart for a little bit more at $3, which is still very affordable. The package include a double ended sponge brush which is useless to me, and a mini mirror that is also useless under the brush. They are quite small which is easy for traveling and the packaging is not a bother to me. Overall, you get what you paid for but I defiantly think that Brownstone is the best out of them all.

I hope you guys enjoyed my first review on my blog. I really worked hard to bring you guys the right information to make the correct decision on wether or not to buy them. I have actually heard Tanya Burr talk about The Nouveau Neutrals quad and say it was quite comparable to a Mac eye shadow in her $20 makeup challenge a while back, so if that's not convincing I don't know what is!

Bye Guys x

2 comments:

  1. Love it I actually have 3 of them myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's great, I love that you are enjoying my blog! <3

      Delete