Saturday 6 February 2016

Valentines Day DIY and treats!

Hey Guys!

Today I decided to make a blog post about the upcoming Valentines Day! Next week is Valentines day but, I wanted this in a week advanced so you can be prepared! This post will include the most affordable DIY you could possible get for Valentines day and three treats/drinks that you could have on Valentines day with your friends or someone special. With that said, lets get started!

When I think of Valentines day, I think of pinks and red love hearts!, and there is no better way to incorporate them into your bedroom by making a banner. The banner I made was the most affordable thing your could possible make this valentines day. The things you will need is fishing line and paint samples. You will also need all the other basic things like pens, pencils and scissors but they are quite self explanatory :) Almost all of these things you can find at home and paint samples are free and come in every single colour so the pattern and colour choice is endless! I chose to go with the pink and red colour theme and just branching off with different shades. The first step is to make a template of a love heart and I did this by folding a piece of paper in half and drawing half of a love heart. The I cut out the shape and I had a even love heart. After I had created a template I then traced that shape on the back of the coloured paint samples and cut all 6 out. Of course you can do as many hearts as you want but I just chose to go with 6. Then I laid out the piece of fishing line and placed the hearts out evenly and taped them down at the back. This creates a seamless, perfect DIY look great for valentines day. I hung this on my bed board, but you can put it any where.

On Valentines day you need some cute looking treats to have with friends or someone special. I have to food treats and one easy drink that I recommend to have on valentines day, or just really any day! The first treat is marshmallows dipped in chocolate. It is really that simple. All you need is melted chocolate, marshmallows, tooth picks (which I added cute love hearts on top my taping on cute love heart shaped paper) and sprinkles. You just dip the marshmallow in the chocolate then dip them in sprinkles, that easy! This was so delicious and super simple and I would highly recommend trying this out. A substitute for melted chocolate is nutlella, but I think that it to much of a hazelnut taste. My next treat is something that has to be made in advanced, red jelly. I made this by using the instructions on the box and when it was set I put some melted chocolate and raspberry MnM's on top. This looked super cute and also tasted really good. My last treat is a drink and I it just chocolate milk with whipped cream, chocolate, sprinkles and MnM's. I think this is perfect because it looks cute and its not something that you have on a everyday basis. So they are my three valentines day themed treats that are really simple and good if you are on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment